Here are five fun facts that I bet you didn’t know about Thanksgiving!
- At the first Thanksgiving, the pilgrims didn’t use forks… they ate with spoons, knives, and their fingers!
- The day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday, is the busiest day of the year for plumbers, according to Roto-Rooter, the nation’s largest plumbing service.
- Could it be that after an overwhelming feast people are overwhelming the toilet systems?
- Canadians also celebrate Thanksgiving, but on the second Monday in October.
Benjamin Franklin believed turkeys to be “respectable birds. In fact, he wanted the turkey to be the United States’ national bird because he felt that eagles had “bad moral character”.
- The average American eats an average of 16-18 pounds of turkey every year!